The CMI Level 2 Qualifications in Team Leading (QCF) are designed for team leaders (or aspiring team leaders), to support the development of their skills in leading a team, making sure that the team’s work achieves organisational objectives, and contributing to planning, problem solving and decision making.
These qualifications are transferable into the public, private and voluntary sectors, and will improve employability and career progression.
The qualifications available in this range are Award, Certificate and Diploma:
- The Level 2 Award in Team Leading lets you develop your knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of a team leader by focusing on specific skills areas. Learners need to complete any combination of units to a minimum of 5 credits to achieve this qualification.
- The Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading is a more extensive qualification, and gives you a broader knowledge of team leading skills while focusing on the specific leadership areas appropriate to you and your workplace. Learners need to complete any combination of units to a minimum of 15 credits to achieve this qualification.
- The Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading has a more comprehensive structure, and gives you all the key skills and competencies you will need to become an effective team leader. Learners need to complete all Group A units and any combination of units to a minimum of 5 credits from Group B. Learners need to complete a total of 38 credits to achieve this qualification.
Duration of the Qualifications
The length of time varies depending upon the time you can commit to studying. A basic guide:
Award: 6 – 8 weeks
Certificate: 18 – 24 weeks
Diploma: 12 – 18 months
Qualifications at QCF Level 2 portray practical team leading skills and competences that are rated in academic terms as being comparable to GCSEs at A* – C grade.
Entry and Recruitment Requirements
These qualifications can be offered to individuals from age 14. There are no specific entry requirements for these qualifications, but ET&C must ensure that individuals admitted to the programme have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
ET&C would recommend the following qualifications as a possible progression route, once completing the Team Leading qualifications:
- CMI Level 3 Qualifications in First Line Management (QCF)
- CMI Level 3 Qualifications in Coaching and Mentoring (QCF)
Please see also the ET&C Website for further information on our portfolio of qualifications.
CMI Course Testimonial
“I’d never have thought that a management development course could have so much personal and professional impact on someone my age. It has been fantastic starting point for me and I’m looking forward to the next level.”
VT Group plc