In addition to our range of CMI qualifications, you may also wish to consider the Chartered Manager Award, which is the highest accolade achievable in the management profession and is viewed by many as the “practical MBA” for a fraction of the cost and time.
Chartered Managers are consistent high performers, committed to current best practice and ethical standards. Becoming a Chartered Manager sets you apart by providing an independent endorsement of your ability to manage and lead, demonstrates your managerial competence as well as your functional ability and proves you possess the transferable skills needed to progress your career.
Awarded only by the CMI, it is recognised throughout the public and private sectors and across all management disciplines, and is seen as a valued asset to boost employability.
Benefits for managers:
- Enhances your employability
- Provides a professional status
- Demonstrates your managerial competence
- Increases your confidence and proves you possess transferable managerial skills
- Chartered Membership with CMI resulting in the use of the designator (post nominal) letters CMgr MCMI or CMgr FCMI, depending upon management experience
Benefits for employers:
- Chartered Managers are trusted and relied upon to consistently deliver a high standard of performance
- Adhere to best practice – minimising the risk to your organisation’s reputation
- Put theory into practice, driving your organisation forward with continuous positive impact
- Chartered Managers deliver an average of £362,176 in added value to your organisations
- Low cost, low time consuming development tool
Chartered Manager Exemption Upgrade
If you are undertaking one of the following CMI qualifications with ET&C, you may be eligible to apply for the Chartered Manager Award:
- Management & Leadership
- Level 5 Diploma in Management & Leadership (QCF)
- Level 6 Diploma in Management & Leadership (QCF)
- Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership (QCF)
- Coaching & Mentoring
- CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management Coaching and Mentoring (QCF)
- CMI Level 7 Diploma in Leadership Coaching and Mentoring (QCF)
- Business Support
- CMI Level 5 Diploma in Business Support (QCF)
- Professional Consulting
- CMI Level 5 Diploma in Professional Consulting (QCF)
- CMI Level 7 Diploma in Professional Consulting (QCF)
- Health & Social Care
- CMI Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services England (QCF)
If you have already qualified with a CMI Level 5 or above Management Diploma you can also apply for the Chartered Manager Award with ET&C.
Chartered Manager Criteria
In addition to qualifying in one of the above courses you will need:
- A minimum of 3 years management experience
- To be able to demonstrate effective management practice within the last 18 months
Chartered Manager Award
Make your payment to ET&C and then follow the Application Process below.
Upon completion of your CMI Level 5 or above Management Diploma qualification you are eligible to apply for the Chartered Manager Award in 3 easy steps:
- Step 1 – Email ET&C from our Request Further Information page for a Chartered Manager Award application form and guidance document
- Step 2 – Complete the application form to confirm management experience and reflect on the applied learning you have gained throughout your qualification, the improvement in your management practice and the positive, measurable contribution you have made to your organisation
- Step 3– Return the completed form to ET&C for review and discussion, if needed, ET&C will then endorse the application and send it to CMI for validation. On CMI approval either Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow grade will be confirmed dependent on experience.