The CMI Level 3 Qualifications in First Line Management (QCF) are designed for supervisors and first line managers (or aspiring supervisors/first line managers), who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity; this qualification gives junior managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency.
These qualifications are transferable into the public, private and voluntary sectors, and will improve employability and career progression.
The qualifications available in this range are Award, Certificate and Diploma:
- The Level 3 Award in First Line Management provides an introduction to the skills, roles and responsibilities of this management area. It will also develop your basic knowledge by focusing on the development of specific management skills.
- The Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management gives you a broader knowledge of effective management skills while focusing on the specific management areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
- The Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management gives you all the key skills and competencies you will need to become an effective first line manager.
Duration of the Qualifications
The length of time varies depending upon the time you can commit to studying. A basic guide:
Award: 6 – 8 weeks
Certificate: 18 – 24 weeks
Diploma: 12 – 18 months
Qualifications at QCF Level 3 portray practical skills and competences that are rated in academic terms as being comparable to GCE AS/A Levels.
Entry and Recruitment Requirements
These qualifications can be offered to individuals from age 16. There are no specific entry requirements for these qualifications, but ET&C must ensure that individuals admitted to the programme have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
ET&C would recommend the following qualifications as a possible progression route, once completing the First Line Management qualifications:
- CMI Level 3 Qualifications in Coaching and Mentoring (QCF)
- CMI Level 4 Qualifications in Management and Leadership (QCF)
Please also see the ET&C Website for further information on our portfolio of qualifications.
CMI Course Testimonial
“I do not have a degree, but working in a University I find being able to use ‘MCMI’ signals that I do have a qualification which reflects the needs of my role – operational management being the most important.”
Isabel Cherrett MCMI
The University of Chichester