The CMI Level 7 Qualifications in Strategic Management and Leadership (QCF) are designed for managers who have the authority and personal inspiration to translate organisational strategy into effective operational performance. The qualifications require managers to build on their strategic management and leadership skills and to focus on the requirements of implementing the organisation’s strategy.
These qualifications are transferable into the public, private and voluntary sectors, and will improve employability and career progression.
The qualifications available in this range are Award, Certificate, Diploma and Extended Diploma:
- The Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership will build on the managerial skills and knowledge you already have. It will give you a greater understanding of the various roles and responsibilities involved in strategic management. We will tailor your qualification to suit your professional needs.
- The Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership gives you a broader knowledge of effective management skills, while focusing on the specific management areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
- The Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership gives you all the key skills and competencies you will need to become an effective strategic manager.
- The Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership develops you further to give you all the key skills and competencies you will need to become an effective strategic manager. Also serves as a benchmark qualifications for full CMI membership, and moves you closer to achieving Chartered Manager status.
Duration of the Qualifications
The length of time varies depending upon the time you can commit to studying. A basic guide:
Award: 6 – 8 weeks
Certificate: 18 – 24 weeks
Diploma: 6 – 12 months
Extended Diploma: 12 – 18 months
Qualifications at QCF Level 7 portray practical skills and competences that are rated in academic terms as being comparable to Master’s Degrees, Integrated Master’s Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Postgraduate Certificates.
Entry and Recruitment Requirements
These qualifications can be offered to individuals from age 19. There are no specific entry requirements for these qualifications, but ET&C must ensure that individuals admitted to the programme have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
ET&C would recommend the following qualifications as a possible progression route, once completing the Strategic Management and Leadership qualifications:
- CMI Level 7 Qualifications in Management Coaching and Mentoring (QCF)
Please also see the ET&C Website for further information on our portfolio of qualifications.
CMI Course Testimonial
“I’ve found my CMI qualification to be hugely beneficial. The practical advantages for a current manager are immediate, as the course is tailored towards key management areas which are crucial in effective leadership.”
Serco Defence RAF Alconbury