The CMI Level 5 Qualifications in Management and Leadership (QCF) are designed for the development of the role and skills of managers. These qualifications aim to develop personal management capabilities, make effective use of information in decision-making, operations and the development of the skills in managing people.
These qualifications are transferable into the public, private and voluntary sectors, and will improve employability and career progression.
The qualifications available in this range are Award, Certificate, Diploma and Extended Diploma:
- The Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership lets you strengthen and develop your knowledge of middle management by focusing on specific management areas that are applicable to your job.
- The Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership gives you a broader knowledge of middle management skills while focusing on the specific leadership areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
- The Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership gives you a broader knowledge of middle management skills while focusing on the specific leadership areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
- The Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership gives you all the key skills and competencies you will need to become an effective middle manager. Also serves as a benchmark qualifications for full CMI membership, and moves you closer to achieving Chartered Manager status.
Duration of the Qualifications
The length of time varies depending upon the time you can commit to studying. A basic guide:
Award: 6 – 8 weeks
Certificate: 18 – 24 weeks
Diploma: 6 – 12 months
Extended Diploma: 12 – 18 months
Qualifications at QCF Level 5 portray practical skills and competences that are rated in academic terms as being comparable to Foundation Degrees and Higher National Diplomas (HND).
Entry and Recruitment Requirements
These qualifications can be offered to individuals from age 19. There are no specific entry requirements for these qualifications, but ET&C must ensure that individuals admitted to the programme have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
ET&C would recommend the following qualifications as a possible progression route, once completing the Management and Leadership qualifications:
- CMI Level 6 Qualifications in Management and Leadership (QCF)
- CMI Level 5 Qualifications in Management Coaching and Mentoring (QCF)
Please also see the ET&C Website for further information on our portfolio of qualifications.
CMI Course Testimonial
“Through a CMI qualification, I learnt how to use the skills I already had more effectively and how to evaluate my own working practices. I also learnt new skills from the training days and how to apply these to my own situation.”
University of Hull