The CMI Level 4 Qualifications in Management and Leadership (QCF) are designed for the development of the role and skill of managers. These qualifications aim to develop personal management capabilities, make effective use of information in decision-making, operations and the development of the skills in managing people.
These qualifications are transferable into the public, private and voluntary sectors, and will improve employability and career progression.
The qualifications available in this range are Award, Certificate and Diploma:
- The Level 4 Award in Management and Leadership develops knowledge of the roles and responsibilities required in management and leadership by focusing on specific skills areas.
- The Level 4 Certificate in Management and Leadership gives a broader knowledge of the skills needed to be an effective manager, while focusing on the specific leadership areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
- The Level 4 Diploma in Management and Leadership gives you all the key skills and competencies you will need to become the manager you want to be.
Duration of the Qualifications
The length of time varies depending upon the time you can commit to studying. A basic guide:
Award: 6 – 8 weeks
Certificate: 18 – 24 weeks
Diploma: 12 – 18 months
Qualifications at QCF Level 4 portray practical skills and competences that are rated in academic terms as being comparable to Higher National Certificates (HNC).
Entry and Recruitment Requirements
These qualifications can be offered to individuals from age 19. There are no specific entry requirements for these qualifications, but ET&C must ensure that individuals admitted to the programme have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
ET&C would recommend the following qualifications as a possible progression route, once completing the Management and Leadership qualifications:
- CMI Level 5 Qualifications in Management and Leadership (QCF)
- CMI Level 5 Qualifications in Management Coaching and Mentoring (QCF)
Please also see the ET&C Website for further information on our portfolio of qualifications.
CMI Course Testimonial
“I wasn’t used to managing other people as I hadn’t been in that position before. I wanted to be a good manager and was aware that my competence as a manager and my management style would have big impact on my team and other colleagues.”
Head of Capital Modelling, QBE